Ohio. The (Haunted) Heart Of It All.


So ask yourself this question. "If I could live anywhere in the U.S., where would I live?"

I bet your answer wasn't...Ohio.

And that's okay. We don't have the glitz and glamour of say, California, or the rugged mountainous beauty of say, Colorado, or even the warm tropical beaches of say, Florida.

But we do have one thing. And that is HAUNTS. Yep. Haunted Houses. We have more haunted houses than any other state in the country. Not Pennsylvania, not Texas, not even California. OHIO. And it's "official." We now have ONE HUNDRED THIRTY haunted attractions in the Buckeye State.


New survey finds Ohio leads nation in the number of Halloween haunts and attractions.

My local newspaper ran a story, picking up on The Scare Factor's state-by-state totals of haunted attractions, and Ohio once again came out on top. And while I have seen this list numerous times, I actually don't take a lot of stock on the numbers. But it is nice to live in a state with such an incredibly rich history of Halloween and haunted houses (it's a big part of why I still do what I do!). So take that, California!


Check out the entire article here. They have a nice writeup on why we have so many haunted houses and a list of the state's Top 10, although The Haunted Schoolhouse & Laboratory at number 10 is downright criminal. (And it's great to see them give a shout out to Highbury Cemetery friend Randy Skalos and his truly incredible home haunt, Haunt on Williams!)

1 comments:

Lady M said...

Well that is something to be proud of.

Post a Comment