A Most Prestigious Award!


In 20 years of home haunting, I have never received anything like this! The presentation stopped me in my tracks and put a HUGE smile on my face, even if it was covered behind a ghoulish mask.

Last night was our neighborhood's trick-or-treat (I'll have a full recap on the evening's events later on). And while it started off a bit slow, it soon picked up and things got moving. A large group of neighbors came to check out the haunt, and that's when it happened...

One of the younger boys, who I believe is in first grade, came forward and presented us with THIS!


A golden skeleton trophy for being his "favorite scary Halloween house in the neighborhood!" I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! It is literally the kindest gift that I have ever gotten and is an incredible acknowledgement of what we do! I was so surprised and happy to get this. We then spent the next 10 minutes thanking him, talking with the entire family, and taking tons of photos with the entire group (which consisted of about 12 people in total).

This is definitely going to be displayed in a prominent place here at the Cemetery and will serve as a true reminder of why we go through all of the hard work each October. It was the perfect, completely unexpected, but completed appreciated start to another successful trick-or-treat night!

3 comments:

Haunted Eve said...

That's a really nice honor! Many times we've thought about throwing in the towel with doing a yard haunt, but it's the complements from the trick-or-treaters and their parents that keep us going. Especially when they acknowledge they look forward to seeing our haunt each year. But it's not as easy to do as it was when we were in our late 20's and early 30's, 20+ years ago!

highbury said...

100%, Eve! It's little things like this or an unexpected comment like, "I remember that from last year!" that keeps my spirit full, too. (Yes, even for those of us getting older! :) )

Lady M said...

Awe love that award.

Post a Comment