Halloween 1982


Continuing on through the costumes of the 80s we visit 1982. Another year older, but some things stay the same...

1982 saw me as the Skull-Faced-Army-Guy-with-Dad's-Belt-as-a-Plastic-Sword-Holder, which yes, is pretty funny, but is the first year that I didn't go with an off-the-shelf costume. Perhaps this was the point that put me on the path to the Halloween blogger that I am today. So I guess I owe a debt of gratitude to 1982? Not a bad year after all.

And then poor Scrapes gets the recycle job again. Same costume as last year. You'd think he would be in the circus today, but alas, he must have been too young. In his defense, the makeup and that pose make for a chillingly creepy photo. Perhaps 1982 was the point in which he became the haunter that he is today, as well.

Highbury Cemetery. Since 1982?



As an added bonus, I found another photo from '82 that shows a 4-year-old Scrapes and 9-year-old Highbury, proudly posing with their enormous jack-o-lanterns. Such craftsmanship!!


And yes, I made the mistake of looking at the local weather forecast for Halloween night. Looks like we are going to get a little of Sandy's wrath even here in Northern Ohio (although the forecast has again just changed, so it's not all doom and gloom for now!).

46 degrees and partly cloudy skies with a 20% chance of rain


1 comments:

Scrapes said...

I'll mention the brass popcorn popper which leans against the fireplace in the upper photo. If it's still in Mom's basement it has strum marks across the middle, as Highbury make have spent afternoons dreaming of Halloween haunts, but I was dreaming of joining Motley Crüe on stage.

Post a Comment