West Lawn Cemetery - Canton, Ohio (Part 2)


On to the second half of my photographs from West Lawn Cemetery in Canton, Ohio. Be sure to see part one of this beautiful, old cemetery full of broken, shifted stones and wonderful trees and sculptures.




Frederick Schneider, born in 1789, was the oldest stone that I found on the grounds. His stone was still in very good shape. Many others were not so fortunate.









In the center of the cemetery stood the Aultman - Miller family plot. Two towering spires flanked by incredible above-ground tombs that were straight out of an old vampire movie. Aultman is also the name of the large hospital which sits adjacent to the grounds.


 




















A  winged angel stands at the Wise grave. The figure's missing arm lends a sort of beauty to the plot...


 




 Another damaged statue looks skyward...












I finished my tour by visiting some of the stark mausoleums...





This is without a doubt one of the most visually interesting cemeteries that I have visited. The vast array of old stones and sculptures has given me inspiration for many new tombstones for my home haunt. Stop by next Sunday to find out which cemetery we visit next.

Only 16 more days until Halloween and it is now officially panic time. A few more projects yet to finish and everything still to pull out to prepare for the big night. The fingers are crossed in hopes of actually being able to pull it off this year...

Are you ready??

 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful! The Harter crypt in the Aultman plot looks like someone just set it there! Lots of yard display inspiration here!

I have a few things left to do and I will be as ready as I will ever be!

Mark Faucett said...

I can see some of these might accidentally find their way to my Of Graveyards Pinterest board! Some very unique stones at this cemetery for sure.

Post a Comment