Southern Tier Imperial Pumking Beer


For me, a big part of the Halloween season is enjoying the vast amount of delicious, seasonal pumpkin beers. Last year, I reviewed a handful of beers and this year I've decided to continue the fine tradition.

First up for 2012 is the 22oz. Southern Tier Imperial Pumking.


This copper-colored beer starts off with a dry, caramel taste followed by a hint of spicy, sweet pumpkin. The big surprise came after I allowed the beer to breathe for a few minutes in the glass, rewarding me with a wonderfully sweet cinnamon cherry fragrance. I spent more time marveling at the incredible smells coming from the glass than actually enjoying the taste of the beer itself, and because of that fragrance alone, I give Southern Tier Imperial Pumking 4 out of 5 Drunken Jackos.




I really enjoyed this beer and I highly recommend it if you can find it. I'll be heading back to the local grocery store to stock up on a few more bottles soon.

 

1 comments:

wicKED said...

LOL love the rating system!

Post a Comment