Aphex Twin - "Matchsticks"


About 15 years ago, I was looking for something besides my "Chamber of Horrors" spooky sounds tape to use as a soundtrack for my haunt. I had established a name for the haunt, I had begun making my own tombstones and props, and I was now looking to take my audio to the next level as well. I wanted to find something truly creepy...

By pure luck, Mrs. Highbury pointed me toward a CD that she had in her collection, Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Vol. II. I pressed play and was amazed at what I heard.

At that point I had never heard anything from the dark ambient genre before, but I knew instantly that it would work perfectly for my haunt display. Creepy, atmospheric audio that would sit in the background, greatly enhancing the haunting unease of the display.

I have since gone on to use even darker, more discordant audio from various dark ambient artists for my display, but I always make it a point to stop and listen to this one every Halloween. It's now forever tied to the season and those fun, early days of my home haunt.

Enjoy!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment