Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery


I'm sitting at the Cemetery tonight with Weather Warning alarms going off on my phone and the town's tornado siren blaring loudly.

If this is where it ends for me, I would die a happy haunter going down with a Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery in my hand...


Leave it up to our neighbors to the north to come up with something so crazy, yet so, so good! This Imperial monster rolls in at a whopping 10% ABV, but don't let that deter you!

The beer pours a nice hazy, rich copper color with a firm, thick head. And the first scent upon pouring is incredible. A wonderful, fragrant combination of a Cinnamon Red Hot candy and an earthy cinnamon stick. And somehow, it gets even better from there.

This is easily one of the most complex pumpkin beers I've ever tried. The smooth, almost creamy beer starts off with a nice sweet pumpkin flavor that somehow rolls into a graham cracker/almost cocoa-like middle, before finishing off with a slightly dry, nutty aftertaste. After the slight nutty flavor subsides, you're left with a wonderful kiss of sweetness to finish off an absolutely delicious pumpkin ale.

And I don't even need to go into the amazing can art. Just be sure to admire it while enjoying what is contained inside.

At this point, it is fairly obvious that Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery gets a perfect 5-out-of-5 on the Drunken Jackos rating scale. So much flavor in one can and not one note of it is off. This really is one of the best pumpkin ales I have ever tried.

Paranormal Is Weird. But I want more!


If you can find this Canadian masterpiece, PLEASE do yourself a favor and bring it home. You won't regret it!!

The weather warnings have now stopped, the sirens have gone silent, and I'm still alive. So that means I'm headed back out to the local grocery store to see if I can find one more 4-pack of Paranormal...

Enjoy!

  

2 comments:

Richard said...

Personally, I don't care for pumpkin ales - or pumpkin anything, for that matter (except pumpkin spice coffee - that's acceptable).

But come late September, we should really be seeing more Oktoberfest lagers, for cryin' out loud!

(The Countdown to Halloween sent me!)

highbury said...

Thanks for stopping by, Richard! It's too bad the Oktoberfest beers aren't blowing up like the pumpkin ales are, I'd love to get into them more.

Post a Comment