Throwback Thursday: Halloween, 1981


I recently rediscovered some old Halloween photos and I thought it would be the perfect time for a re-share! The Halloween season was always a big deal growing up, and Trick-or-Treat was the culmination. The tradition was held in the highest regard, and much craft and care was devoted to our annual costumes...


Me: A tall, slender Prince of Darkness, just back from a moonlit feeding. Perfectly sculpted Transylvanian eyebrows complete with my plastic pumpkin pail and chic black garbage bag cape.

My brother, Scrapes: The pint-sized big-top performer, complete with recycled ensemble (I wore the same hand-sewn costume when I was younger), with rosy red cheeks and Bozo hair, and snazzy sequined derby hat. Demanding a treat in his pumpkin.


THIS. This is Halloween. Spooky, goofy, FUN. Enjoy it!

  

3 comments:

Lady M said...

You both look great. Love the make up. Who did this? Mom or Dad?

highbury said...

Lady M: Mom was our first makeup artist!! Unfortunately, she has since retired from makeup in favor of pumpkin carver!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Love the pic! SO cool. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment