A Halloween Nightmare




So it happened again. That nightmarish dream that always catches me off-guard in the days leading up to Halloween night. You know the one. Where it’s Halloween night, trick-or-treat is beginning and I suddenly realize that I don’t have anything set up. Nothing. I’m immediately smothered under a blanket of panic and dread…

And then I wake up. It’s completely dark and I have no idea where I’m at. Confused, I look around. I see the clock. 3:12 am. It was all just a nightmare. Again…

For the past 3 or 4 years, I have had this happen, and I’m actually used to it by now. The stress of the Halloween season manifests itself in this same dream that always seems too real. It almost serves as a warning to make sure that everything is ready to go.

And even this year, with our new location and a scaled-back display, the stress begins to mount and the nightmare still arrives. Luckily, I seem to be ahead of the game this time around. I’ve brought most of my props to the new house, and I now know when my official neighborhood trick-or-treat is (Sunday the 27th, from 5-7, which actually kinda sucks, but I’ll go into that a bit more at another date…).

So my internal warning has gone off and the final run-in to Halloween is on! Time to get those last few things checked off the list and hope that we have a good turnout. 16 days until the big night. Are you ready?

I'm headed back out to the garage. Good luck, everyone.


 

2 comments:

Lady M said...

Nope not having the dream this year. I have scaled back a lot. No party. No replacing all the knick knacks in my home with Halloween items. Instead I am taking a year to enjoy everyone's Halloween offerings and quite frankly, other than the stress to blog everyday in the countdown to Halloween, I feel surprisingly at peace. I wish you some peace Highbury.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I haven't gotten candy to hand out yet, but otherwise all decked out here and have been enjoying some movies and podcasts, Halloween-y of course. Hope you get all your items checked off in time!

Post a Comment