Ghost, Live in Youngstown 10-10-19


Seeing the band Ghost will never get old to me. Yes, they have become more mainstream and yes, concerts have become much more expensive, but the band continues to deliver their trademark style of pop satanism with a twist of humor.

Last night, I made it show number five when Mrs. Highbury and I travelled to Youngstown to see them play at the Covelli Centre. It was nice to see them playing in a larger venue, but we were still able to get close to the stage with our floor tickets.

It was also nice to get in with my trusty camera, and as soon as the band hit the stage, I started snapping.

As always, Ghost put on a really great set, spanning music from all of their releases. Lots of costume changes, Cardinal Copia's comedic wit, incredible lighting and pyrotechnics, confetti, and super-tight musicianship made for one hell of an experience.

They are still out on the road on their North American 2019 Ultimate Tour Named Death, so go check them out if they're playing a city close to you. It's worth every penny!

Enjoy some of my photos from last night's show...




















  

2 comments:

Lady M said...

Wow - Highbury you got some amazing pictures. Really cool. I read an interesting interview with Tobias Forge in the Colorado Springs Independent. He is a very witty, clever fellow.

highbury said...

I was able to get close to the stage WITH my camera, which made it easier to get the photos! And Forge's wit really comes through with his monologues between songs. The show was a lot of fun and I can't wait for their new record, which I heard comes out next year!!

Post a Comment