HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


Bonfires burning bright
Pumpkin faces in the night
I remember Halloween

Dead cats hanging from poles
Little dead are out in droves
I remember Halloween

Brown leafed vertigo
Where skeletal life is known
I remember Halloween
This day anything goes
Burning bodies hanging from poles
I remember Halloween

Candy apples and razor blades
Little dead are soon in graves
I remember Halloween
This day anything goes
Burning bodies hanging from poles
I remember Halloween...


The big day is finally here. Our high holiday, Halloween! It's hard to believe that we have already made it through another October, but here we are, basking in the fiery orange glow of All Hallows Eve.

Looking back, it has been a hell of a ride. But it still seems so strange to me in that I won't be getting up like a bolt of lightning, ready to recreate the ghastly magic of Highbury Cemetery tonight. Instead, I'll simply be going to work on Halloween, the first time in over 15 years...

But honestly, I'm okay with it. I wasn't sure that I would be, but having our new neighborhood's trick-or-treat last Sunday night has given me an unexpected week of calm enjoyment. And today I can just relax and really reflect on the season and enjoy myself. 

We were very lucky to have great weather and a great turnout for our trick-or-treat, and it looks like Highbury Cemetery has started a haunting new chapter. There's a calm satisfaction and a small spark of excitement for next year's display already smoldering inside me.

But for today, I'm just going to take it easy. Halloween music cranking all day today, the last of my pumpkin beers and Halloween movies tonight. And I'm super excited for it.

I wanted to take a second and thank each and every one of you who stopped by this month and hung out at the Cemetery. I truly love sharing all my random Halloween thoughts and goodies, and interacting with my fellow haunters and Halloween enthusiasts really keeps me going. I actually still have quite a bit to post, so let's keep this Halloween party going well into November, shall we??

I also want to extend the happiest of Halloweens to all of you, especially my fellow haunters who are battling the elements in order to spread some frightful cheer and fear tonight. It seems that a large number of us across the country will be battling wind, rain, snow, and even fire to try and do what we do. Do what you can do to the best of your abilities, but more importantly  please stay safe. There's always next year and we'll need all of you to keep this wonderful tradition alive and kicking. And screaming.

And finally, don't forget to have fun! This is our night! It's what we have literally spent the last 364 days planning for, so go out and scare the hell out of 'em!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM HIGHBURY CEMETERY!!!





4 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Happy Halloween! Enjoy all of the moments.

Lady M said...

Happy Halloween Highbury - Thanks for all the posts. I enjoyed reading.

Ranch Chimp said...

Misfits ... brings back mmories, I seen them do this live ... many weens ago ... Happy Halloween

The October boy said...

Happy Halloween Highbury Cemetery! Glad to hear your new haunt went well and best of luck on the next chapter. Enjoyed all your posts this year and look forward to next year. Took our haunt down Tuesday before the blizzard hit- sure glad I did that.

Post a Comment