Highbury Cemetery Logo, 2019


Welcome. Here we are again. October 1st...

IT'S OFFICIALLY HALLOWEEN SEASON! And it's time to start our annual Countdown to Halloween! An orange-and-black blitz of 31 posts in 31 days, all leading up to our high holiday of All Hallows Eve!! This is our 9th year celebrating all things creepy and cool with the Countdown to Halloween blog party, and we are going stronger than ever. Can you feel that crisp, electric excitement in the air!!??

We've got a long list of blog posts all lined up and ready to go. A full month stuffed with tricks and treats, so be sure to check back daily because this party is going nonstop through the 31st! And you don't want to miss out on the good candy, do you??

So let's get this thing started, shall we!?

Every year, I like to kick off the October countdown with some art. Since 2003, I have created an increasingly defined and prominent Highbury Cemetery haunt logo for the season. The logo is used on posters, stickers, and a very small batch of t-shirts. Each year, the t-shirts are hand printed here at the Cemetery and then given out as a thank you to everyone who helps put on the yard haunt on Halloween night. 

The logo is the perfect way to get the October creative juices flowing and a perfect symbol to kick off the haunt season. I'm really happy with the way this year's logo turned out and I'm really excited to reveal it now. 

So ladies and gentlemonsters, boils and ghouls, I proudly present the ghastly and gruesome logo for Highbury Cemetery, 2019:





This year, Highbury Cemetery is in a new location and after 15 years, it sure felt weird typing the word "Copley" instead of the word "Akron."

But really, it all lends itself to a new, nervous excitement. Year 16 is a blank page and a brand new chapter. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to set up in this year's display or how many people will even show up in this new neighborhood, but either way, I'm ready to shock my unsuspecting neighbors on the big night with a display unlike anything they have ever seen around here! I only get one chance to announce the arrival of Highbury Cemetery, so I had better get it right!


So here we are again.

One down and 30 more to go. The days will go by fast, so let's be sure to make the most of them. (And if you get a minute, please check out all of the other crazy and cool blogs participating in this year's Countdown to Halloween! Every year, the celebration gets bigger!) I hope to see you tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that for some more Halloween madness and fun! The 2019 Halloween countdown has begun!!

  

2 comments:

Lady M said...

That looks awesome. You should print one to give away to your most loyal reader (ahem - me). Just kidding! I could pay you for one. It is way cool that you print your own. I am so impressed.

Guillaume said...

Looks great.

Post a Comment