Windfall Cemetery - Medina, Ohio


With just a few hours to spare, I'm in with another Cemetery Sundays post, where I roam the local cemeteries with my camera, documenting the beautifully ornate epitaphs and tombstones contained within.

This week I visited Windfall Cemetery, another cemetery discovered by pure luck while out on a bike ride through the area around my new home. It's another of the many really small, very local plots with many of the graves dating back to the early to mid-1800s.

I got up just before dawn, camera at the ready, and parked just outside the small cemetery located on a back road not 10 minutes from my house. I quickly swept across the small plot, documenting the surprising amount of really great old tombstones within the fallen leaves and overgrowth. As the sun began to peak through the morning clouds, I was able to capture the beauty of these somewhat hidden gems, making this one of the cooler little cemeteries that I have visited.

So as always, sit back, relax, and enjoy my photos from Windfall Cemetery...





























Be sure to stop by next Sunday for the final installment of Cemetery Sundays for 2019!

    

0 comments:

Post a Comment