Justin Burning - "Songs Of The Thinned Veil"


What really gets you into the Halloween spirit? For me, it's a wonderfully creepy, nostalgic tune. Something to conjure up black cats, ghosts, and illuminated pumpkin faces. Something that when I just kick back and close my eyes, I dream of trick-or-treats gone by and orange and brown leaves dancing by as they glide through a crisp autumn wind. Magic!

I recently picked up a copy of Justin Burning's wonderful Songs Of The Thinned Veil, a really, really cool collaboration between the iconic, vintage Halloween illustration work of Sam Heimer, the Halloween club of Cryptocurium's Order Of The Thinned Veil, and Burning's new Veil-inspired October soundtrack.



I was lucky enough to snag a copy of the limited vinyl release before it quickly sold out (for those that don't know, I am a self-confessed vinyl record hoarder, and the beautiful orange-and-black swirled vinyl on this release, coupled with Heimer's fantastic cover illustration made it a no-brainer for me).

Upon first listen, I was immediately hooked. Eleven Halloween-soaked, synth-driven tracks that really nail the feel of the season and really encapsulate that Thinned Veil style.

I already know that this is going to be my soundtrack for the 2019 Halloween season and I highly recommend it to everyone looking for some really fun Halloween sounds.

And luckily for everyone, the release is still available on Burning's Bandcamp page! Go snag a copy and let the sounds of Halloween envelope you!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment