Highbury Cemetery Logo, 2018


Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
voices whisper in the trees, '"Tonight is Halloween!"
- Dexter Kozen


Welcome to October!! The greatest month of all! It's finally time to start the Countdown to Halloween, our annual blog blitz of 31 posts (or probably more) in 31 days!

As in previous years, I always like to kick off the official Halloween countdown with some art and this year is no different.

Starting way back in 2003, I decided to start creating a yearly logo of sorts for my home haunt. It was a piece of art that was used for posters and t-shirt designs. The shirts would be printed in the Highbury Cemetery basement and then given out as a thank you to everyone that helped out with the haunt on Halloween night.

As the years progressed, the logo itself became more defined and prominent, and in 2013 became the official kickoff release for the haunt. After that, I decided to create a new logo each year and five years on, I'm proud to reveal the new version for 2018.

Ladies and gentlemonsters, boils and ghouls, I proudly present the ghastly and gruesome Highbury Cemetery logo for 2018:





Continuing with the organic, minimalist theme from last year, I went even simpler and bolder with this year's logo. And as an homage to Highbury Cemetery's 15th year of haunting, I went back and reused the original "head" art that was used in my first t-shirt design back in 2003. It's hard to believe that we have been doing this for that long, but it's been an incredible journey with many, many great memories along the way. And this logo gives a subtle nod to our humble beginnings and to all of the friends that have helped us get to where we are now.

And like in years prior, this art will also be used for our 2018 shirts. I've got a cool ink effect that I want to try out on these shirts and I'm hoping that it will turn out pretty cool. 

Keep your eyes peeled, as I'm hoping to have a few extra shirts that I intend to give away in a fun little contest as we get closer to the big night. 

But our October party is only just beginning! We have a ton of fun posts to get through, so sit back and enjoy this year's Countdown to Halloween (and while you're at it, hit the Countdown to Halloween link and check out all of the other bloggers who are participating this year, too!). Stop by the Cemetery daily as I'm going to be posting all kinds of Halloween madness to share with you all - and there's bound to be tricks and treats all along the way!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment